Sunday, May 30, 2010

Magnolia Down Under : Flowers

We have a nice easy challenge for you this week at Magnolia Down Under, it's flowers. They canm be on yout papers, in your stamp, hand made whatever. I have used some roses and cherry blossoms from I am roses, and both my images have a couple of flowers in them (happy coincidence, this was in no way planned, lol!)
This was the first card I made when I got my Fairytale Maggies from Kellie, I had been dying to ink up the castle stamp for ages... and about 10 seconds into colouring it I wondered what I had gotten myself into, hahaha!! But it was all good and I love the stamp, I don't have many Magnolia backgrounds/accesories but this was one i had to have, perfect for this Midsummer Tilda to dance on the steps of (thanks heaps Kylie for stamping her up for me!) She is actually foam mounted but because the weather is still pretty craptacular I had to use the flash to take the picture, hence the washed out colours and general dodgyness (beyond my usual dodgyness that is :D) The Magnolia stamps and pearls are from Tickled Pink Stamps.
I can't wait to see what you all create with this fabulous challenge, for more stunning inspiration make sure you check out the amazing DT work here...

13 comments:

Kylie said...

Hey Fran! This is just gorgeous. I love the castle background, i have it sitting on my desk too afraid to colour! But you did a wonderful job.
Hugs
Kylie

Loz said...

Gorgeous colouring on the background! Wow! Gorgeous papers and flowers, I love Midsummer Tilda and she looks so cute in that pretty colour ♥

Kylie said...

I have seen the making of this card IRL and it's spectacular!! Your colouring is just amazing Fran! Beautiful card.

Kylie ox

Chantelle said...

Gorgeous Fran - love how you created a scene - so pretty and the colours are beautiful and of course the flowers - wonderful!! x

Stampin'Piper said...

This is sooo beautiful! Great job! I think I have to have this background stamp ;)

Big Hugs Tanja

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs
Cordine

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I saw this is real life and know its spectacular!! Your amazing at colouring! OMG girl you need to download photoscape its free and makes all my dodgy dark photos look GREAT! lol.
Kristy xx

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm with Kristy - having seen this IRL I know how truly gorgeous it is - you had us all in awe of your AMAZING colouring - even if it kept you quiet for ages - LOL
xXx

Jackie Thomas said...

Another stunner Fran. This card is truly gorgeous. hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Frantactula!! I love your colouring and the colours you have used!! I have that background stamp but at this stage, I'm too chicken to use it, after seeing how great yours is!! hehehe
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Fran, your card is beautiful, the background and Tilda are wonderfully coloured, a stunning Princess scene, I hope Prince Edwin sweeps her off her feet. A wonderful take on the challenge with so much inspiration for all joining MDUC this week. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Kimmi said...

Beautiful colours and those roses are so pretty. Love the colours and Tilda is looking very cute!

Hugs

Kimmi x

stephanne said...

What a frantastic creation, shit picture aside lol, I can see its loveliness shining through, love the shape of the background and your gorgeous placement of goodies, well done you!! Love the new "come and get me, tiger" pic too :)