Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reduce, Reuse,Recycle with MDUC

Ooopsie... I totally forgot to schedule my post this morning, sorry guys :) This weeks challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... so time to alter those old boxes you have lying around or even some ribbon off of your xmas presents... that was my original idea but then I thought I should put a bit more effort in, lol!! So on my card I have made up some flowers with newspaper (and used Tilda with newspapers to match) You can see them better in the below pictures, I usd a Stampin' Up scalloped circles punch for the lare flower and a big flower punch for the smaller one, then I scrunched the sapes and glimmer misted the with graphite glimmer mist.


This little cutie flower was my favourite, and the little blue crystal really makes i I think :)

My papers are Websters purchased from TPS, as was the Magnolia stamp. Leaves and flowers are from my stash, Tilda coloured with copics... and that's about it. I hope you can all join us and play along this week at MDUC!!



2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Fran,

Well you certainly got me! I studied your card really hard trying to work out what you had recycled. Those flowers are gorgeous, it's hard to believe that they're newspaper - great job!
Love the blue gem in the centre - it's such a beautiful colour.

Sharon x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.x