Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meet my new Tilda

I was so excited to receive a new Magnolia stamp in the mail this week from the Magnolia Down Under Store, I could not wait to get her inked up, and she was a dream to colour! My other Tildas are a little smaller and fiddlier to colour than the 60's Tilda, my biggest problem was deciding what colours to use, somehow they usually end up pink! I don't know why that is, with this one I thought the image was so girly it seemed appropriate, but I really wanted to do her in green... maybe next time (I plan to colour another one of her when I finish posting, what can I say, she is fab!)
With this card I used the sketch from Magnolia Down Under Challenges, I did not realise how great a sketch it was until I started making my card and everything came together so easily, it almost made itself. I know, I know, another easel card! they are sooo much fun, but this will be the last one, for a little while anyways :)
So here it is, all propped up:
A close up of the top of the card:
And a close up of Tilda, adorable isn't she? I have used crystal effects on her lollipop to make it shiny and delicious. The colours in the pic are a little paler than in real life, the hair came out alright but the dress looks washed out.
Ok, down to business, this card plays along with:

Phew! I crammed a lot in with that one, most of those were a coincidence as I really just focused on the sketch when I was putting it together.
Thank you all so much for dropping by an taking a look, I really appreciate you taking the time to come over :)

20 comments:

jude said...

Love The Easel card thanks for joining us at creative inspirations challenge blog.
good luck hugs judex

Debbie Pamment said...

Aaaw Fran this is just adorable!!! I have resisted this Tilda but this is the 2nd amazing card I've seen done with her today - guess Kellie will be making another sale - LOL. The faux stitching and glittery flowers are THE perfect finishes for this beauty! Fabulous
xXx

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous. I love everything about it. I love the colours and the flowers look devine with that glitter. Thanks for joining us at MDUC
mwah
Trace

Nicola said...

Wow what a stunning card Fran, your image is coloured so beautifully and your floral and punched detail is gorgeous.
Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
Nicola -x-

Norma said...

Fran, stunning easel card. Love the clean look of the card. And if always using pink looks this good, I'd say go for it girl!!! Fabulous colouring job. Love the sparkly stuff you've put on. Really terrific!
Thanks for playing and joining us at Magnolia Down Under.

Hugs.
Norma

Tracy said...

Beautiful card inside and out Fran and beautiful image.
Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

cheryl said...

this is gorjus hun love the image and its a really beautiful easel card love cheryl xxx
Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week

Sue said...

Fran, what a simply stunning easel card you have created. She is a darling image and you have used just the right colors to make her so sweet. Love the mix of pinks and those flowers are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the MDUC this week. Come back again next time so we can see what you're creating!

Jenni said...

What a sweet card, thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Jenni x

Kim Costello said...

gorgeous card love the colours and the details, Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments HuGs Kim :)

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow Fran, Your card is gorgeous, I love your colouring and you have followed the sketch beautifully. 60's Tilda is my latest favourite along with Easel cards (I have made 3 going on 30, I love the Easel's that much). Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such sweet comments. Hugs Jodie from Oz

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous creation! I love the stitched look and the glittery flowers!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

stephanne said...

Hahaha, lovin' that shiny and delicious lolli she's got!! Such a pretty card, those easel cards are a lot of fun and such a lovely presentation. She's pretty in pink, that's for sure and you've got the perfect paper punch to go with such a creation!! Love it!! Thanks for creating with us at MDUC, I hope we'll see you back next time around!!
Stephanne

P.S. I will be wrapping presents this weekend, lol!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, lovely colours and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Kellie said...

Gorgeous card Fran! I LOVE grey and pink together and think she looks just amazing with your colouring! Thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel
MDUC Site Owner.

Milliesmarvels said...

This card is gorgeous! The colouring is fab and I love the papers you have used. Thank you so much for joining us for Susie's Sassy Challenge!
Jane
x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card and one of Susie's favourites, so great for the pink and sparkly challenge, thanks for joining good luck.
happy crafting
Tracy x

Ali Dantre said...

Hi there, this is beautiful! so girly and pretty pretty if you know what i mean? Thank you for joining us over at Susie Sassy's Challenges week #2.
Hope to see you again.

Hugs
lisa.x
DT

Susie Sugar said...

Lovely card!!! I like all the pink glitter detail that you have added to the flowers.
Thanks for joining in Susie's sassy challenge this week!!

Hugs Susie xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fran, what a gorgeous card. The image is so cute and your colouring is fab. The papers and flowers are so girly and glittery - just the way I like 'em!! Thanks for joining us at susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x