Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby's 1st christmas card

I have had this image coloured in and sitting around for a while now. I used her more as a tester for my new markers, to see how the colours come out, then thought i may as well use her on something. She is a real cutie. I'm not entirely happy with the way this card came together, I feel like it is missing something. This was my second attempt, I scrapped the first, I think my mojo was not turned on last night, but i was determined to get something completed in the hopes it would get me back in the groove :)

These are the challenges I played along with:
Creative Inspirations - a special card or project with numbers on it
Creative card crew - babies and children

And here is what i came up with:
I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the diamond Hilda (from motivet) is mounted on and then glittered the raised swirls. There is also glitter on the white fluffy bits of her hat.
The second photo shows where i raised Hilda and the diamond she is mounted on with foam adhesive. I thought the card was looking too plain so I added the two metal snowflakes, but they did not come up too well in the photo.
Thanks for looking and leaving your wonderful comments, I read every one of them and appreciate all your feedback.

8 comments:

LOUISE said...

Great card Fran, love the cute image, and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

sandra's crafty corner said...

aaw this is soo cute, thanks for joining in with pur very first challenge over at creative craft challenges,
good luck
sandra xx

maxine said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at creative inspirations

CraftyC said...

Your card is very sweet Fran!
Clairex

cheryl said...

cute image love the colurs too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week love cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

oh how cute is that image so lovely. thank you for taking part in our first challenge at creative card challenges

Tracy said...

Aaaaw that image is so cute and great papers i have those and luv them too.
Thanks for taking part and joining us over at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Karin said...

Great card Fran.
Love the papers, clours and cute image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin