Thursday, June 3, 2010

*sigh* ok, I give in..


After months and months and months of saying I was not going to make my own wedding invitations it looks like I might have to. We have a wonderful friend who is a printer who said he will do all the printing and the cutting for me (yay, no tedious cutting!!) all I have to do is come up with a design... you would think that would be easy I did!!

I have been googling like mad all evening and found very little. All I know is I am liking the invitations with pockets.

So why are you telling us your problems I hear you ask..... yeah, I did... because I desperately need your help ladies. If anyone out there could let me know if you have any brilliant invitation ideas, or templates, tutorials, something with dimensions or instructions would be great. i have sen quite a lot of pictures but very few with details (I guess they don't want to share) and I have been playing around a bit and trying a few things out but I am not sure how happy I am with the dimensions yet :)

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... please, pretty please, pretty please with a cherry on top!!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Ohhh - Fran i had invites with pockets, i bought them pre assembled from the US - I'll go in search of the place and email you the link... although I have to admit - I soooooo wish I was into this crafty craziness back then so my invites would have been AWESOME, not crumby as they look to me now!!
Expect an email from me :)
K

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HI FRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRL YOU HAVE A NEW PIX AND I THOUGHT I WAS AT KRISTY'S BLOG LOL!! LIKE TWINS LOL!!

OH OH I'LL LOOK OUT IDEAS FOR YOU.Google Martha Stewart wedding invites they have tons and tons of ideas. Also ask debra SHE might have some pointers too since she did her daughters wedding invites and they were drop dead gorgeous!!ok chica take care.I'll be looking out ok.RubyM:)

Liam said...

Hi Fran,

i just stumbled across your request for ideas for wedding invites. I have no idea what you are actually searching for but I searched wedding on Splitcoast stampers and came across 18 pages of ideas. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=wedding+invitations here is the link. I also searched by diy wedding invitation and found this site http://www.do-it-yourself-invitations.com/wedding-invitations.html it might be nothing for what you are searching for but I thought I would try and lend a hand anyway. Hope you find what you are looking for. I am sure you have decided by now. good luck

Liam