Sunday, August 16, 2009

project overload

Hi all. this is going to be a bit of a rant as i have two projects to show you combining 3 different challenges. the first one is Kellies sketch challenge #2
I just love this sketch, it was so easy to work with and i had several ideas, i was very excited to get started on this one, unfortunately the world was conspiring against me to get anything done this weekend so it took over two days before i finally got to put my ideas to paper!
Here she is, one of my new magnolia stamps. i just love this little Tilda, she is just so summer. At the top of this card i used my Stampin' up Friendly words jumbo wheel and clear embossed it and them sponged some ink on top of that to match the colours i used on my Tilda. it did not come out the way i was hoping, you can kind of see the words if you look hard (and squint, stick your tongue out the side of your mouth, hop on one foot, etc...) but that's ok the effect matched the papers i was using anyway :)

My next project combined Kellies sketch with Creative Inspirations challenge #22 (gift box, bag etc) and Simon says challenge (anything but a card)
I made a little pizza style box, the instructions can be found here
and here is a side view. i thought i would use this to hold a bracelet i made for my niece for her birthday to match a dress we got for her.
I was going to put glitter on both of their wings but i forgot and now they are all mounted up on their projects i think it will be a bit to messy, oh well, i will just have to put in the extra effort to remember next time :)




6 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW.....WOW love them both and both are an amazing take on the sketch. Colouring, colours, flowers, papers everything gorgeous! thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge and hope to see you back again next month xx.

stephanne said...

Firstly, welcome to Blogland!! I see you have picked some yummy stamps to get you started!! Great job with the sketch, I love both the card and the box, that image is oh so cute and you've coloured her wonderfully!!! If you are into altered items, I've recently found a blog whose challenges have been templates thus far, you might want to take a looksie, Create4fun. Thanks for joining in on the fun and I hope we'll see you next month!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, brilliant creations.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge
Luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful layout for this box, I also love the cheery color choices!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow. Love both the projects. They are brilliant. Hope your niece likes her present and the little box to hold it in. Wonderful job.
mwah
Trace

Saskia said...

Great card and lovely box... very creative!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)