Sunday, November 1, 2009

A gift for Hilda

I'm back again with another Christmas card... "It's starting to look a lot like Christmas"... I'm getting sooo excited, I never grew out of the excited about Christmas phase as a kid :) Soon I will start bullying the other half into putting up our outdoor Christmas lights, it always takes longer than expected and I really want to get them all up by the end of the month. I have pulled out my sweet little Hilda from Motivet again for this card, I figured I need some extra practice water colouring with red with the festive season approaching, it always seems to bleed into the other colours when i use it but i was pleased with the way this came out. I have glittered the snowflakes across the bottom of the card, around the edge of the striped mat, on the edge of the petals, in Hilda's gift box, on her hat's fur trim, on the berries on her bow and her gift box and on the twinkles of her eyes. It shows up a bit better on the second photo with the flash on and sparkles like crazy in real life! Here is a shot close up of my darling little Hilda:
This card played along with:
ABC challenges - Green (has to be my fave colour)
Simon says challenges - All that sparkles (i glittered so much on this card my hand cramped up from squeezing the glitter glue, and I added a little bling on the flowers for good measure!)
Papertake weekly challenges - Spots and stripes, you can use one or both (i have stripes on my background paper)
Creative card crew - snowflakes (on my new border punch I got just in time for Christmas, now i just have to get a snowflake punch to go with it :) )
Cupcake craft challenges - Sketch (pictured)

5 comments:

Kellie said...

This is gorgeous Fran! Practice? Ummm practice what it looks amazing girl! Did you need my address, hehehe. Love the way you have used the sketch.

OH and just letting you know I have a little something over on my blog for you to pick up when ready :)

Hugs, Kel

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fran, what a pretty card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and the glitter looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely

thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is lovely :-) The image is very cute and the papers and embellies are fab ! I love all the sparkle :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Sparkle and Papertake Weekly challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x

Liza said...

Great card and a fab take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x