Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I made a non DT card!!

So... you may have noticed I have not been blogging much lately, I have spent most of my spare time working on my wedding invitations which I am now pleased to say are all finished and in the post, in fact, people might even start receiving them today *squeal* how exciting!! I have got some pics of what I ended up doing and will show you all when I get a chance. We are now less than 2 months until the wedding (it still feels like AGES away, but it will probably start feeling very real very soon)


So today, for a change I have managed to make a card that's not DT work and actually qualifies for a few challenges! It has been sooo long since I made a card for fun, it was so good to just have a play. I just had to enter the first challenge over at the fuzzy wuzzy challenges because it is the baby of some very wonderful women and fellow pink ladies, and who can resist anything fuzzy wuzzy! I have used the adorable Nancy form the stamping bazaar as soon as I saw her I knew she would be perfect for this card, it is for my mothers cousin. My grandmother passed away just over a month ago and we live over an hour away from them but my mother has a cousin who lives in the same town and was an amazing help in a difficult time. I don't know what we would have done without her (to make thing worse my mother was in a car accident the day before and was without a car and unable to drive up to where my grandparents live and help out as much as she would have liked) so I thought it would be nice to send her a card to let her know how much we appreciate everything she has done.



I have tried to go for a vintage spring time sort of feel with this card, I think this is as vintage as I am going to get, lol! I just love the look but never seem to be able to get it myself, oh, I will just have to keep trying.The MS butterfly punch came out for a bit of a play again, as well as my doohickey, I am totally in love with this. You can get yours from Tickled pink stamps, and while you are there why not pick us some flourish with a bling adhesive pearls and doilies too!

The flowers are from iamroses.com and the pearls I found in spotlight. I coloured Nancy with copics, not sure how pleased I am about the colouring, I have not had any fur (or in the case of a hedgehog, spike) colouring experience before so I'm learning as I go. I have spent the last few nights working on another adorable furry little creature who I will be able to introduce to you soon, so hopefully my technique will improve as I go :)Ok, here are the challenges Nancy will be playing along with:
Creatalicious challenges - vintage
Die cut dreams - pearls and pins
Papertake weekly - just the one (i used 1 tag)
Pile it on - layers
Bizzy Bec's - Cheerful Spring
Simon says - pearls and lace
stamp something - something cute (can you get any cuter than little nancy?!)
stampin for the weekend - shabby or vintage
The fuzzy wuzzy challenge - green, pink, choc & kraft
wild orchid challenges - pearls and pins

25 comments:

Chantelle said...

So cute Fran - love all the pretty things going on in this card. I have this image too and found it very different colouring fur rather than people images - but it was fun. TFS and good luck with the wedding preps.

Karen said...

YAY Fran, so glad hat you were able to make a card!!! I've missed your bloggyness - but I'm glad that you got your invites done - YAY.... Good luck in your challenges, and your card is a stunner its gorgeous!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Pamela said...

Cute little card, thank you for joining in our challenge at DCD this week.

Pamela x

Gail said...

Two words -Too cute.

hugs
Gail

Emma said...

Aww this is sooo cute Fran! Love the flower arrangement! Such a gorgeous Card. Ohh can't wait to see your invites, I celebrate my 1oth wedding anniversary next month. Time sure flies!

Kristel said...

Woww Fran a gorgeous card! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Zoe said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS fran. I just love the image and all the detail is outstanding and soooo pretty! Thanks os much for sharing the fun of our very first challenge at Fuzzy Wuzzy! Hugs xxoo

Lorraine A said...

Very cute card Fran :-) The image is just sooo cute :-) I am sure your Mum's cousin will love this :-)
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma xx

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and PTW Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kathy said...

Oh Fran this is just darling!!!!! I love this sweet image and all your details are so pretty!!
Your pins and pearls look fabulous!
:)Kathy

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crafty Chris said...

An adorable image and beautiful card, thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Kylie said...

Oh Fran - too cute for words!! Beautiful papers and butterfly! Gorgeous colouring, of course!!!
Thanks for playing at The Fuzzy Wuzzy challenges!!
Hugs
Kylie

Kylie said...

Oh my goodness Fran. This card is just stunning. Nancy is sooo cute and I love all your beautiful embellies on it too. Congrats on getting your invites finished, now to just get everyone's replies in time!!

Hugs, Kylie ox

Sue said...

Fran, your card is beautiful.The paper layers and that cute hedgie are wonderful and your coloring are awesome. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the first ever Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge. Hope you come back each month to show us what you're creating. Great take on the challenge!!!

Sue

joey said...

Hi Fran

this is gorgeous, I love the papers your colouring looks pretty fab to me :O)

Joey.x

stephanne said...

Well hun, your card is gorgeous, shabbylicious springtime delight, that is what is going on here!!! Your colouring looks great Frantastic, saw those other fuzzies you mentioned and they are fab too!! I am sorry to hear about the loss in the family and that your mom was in a car accident, jeez, that is a lot of bad going on at once. A very kind gesture Frantastic, the person this is for will love it. And of course, the Fuzzy Wuzzy shout-out part, lol!!
hugs, stephanne

Scrappy said...

How adorable! Love your card! Thanks so much for Piling on the Layers with us this week at Pile it On! Hope to see you back for our next challenge!

Mummylade said...

This is absolutely lovely. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

Dena said...

What a super duper cute card! I love it!
Thanks so much for joining the WOC Challenge!
Hugs, Dena

Annika said...

Such a gorgeous card with amazing details. Your colouring is stunning!Thanks for joining us at SFTW for our vintage challenge! :)
Hugs
Annika

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Cassandra said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Fran!! I love everything about this card! Thanks for joining Bizzy Becs September Challenge. *hugz*

Leonie said...

o super cute! i definately get a vinatge spring feel from your card so mission achieved!!! Love it...she is great and I think you did well with the fur. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Bizzy Bec's!!
Hugs leonie

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,such a sweet image and beautiful papers!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
xx

Bec said...

WOW this is stunning.. thanks so much for your entry.. Bec xx