Sunday, August 22, 2010

A colour challenge for you at MDUC

>Hello everyone, this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we have a colour challenge for you, and it's a tricky one!! We would like you to use Orange, Pink, Green, Brown and Blue on your creation. I must admit this challenge terrified me when I first saw it, I thought there was no way I was going to be able to make those colours work together, but then I thought of this gorgeous (I totally love it) October Afternoon fly a kite paper and when I checked it did indeed contain all the required colours, and so my card kinda flowed from there.

I used this Tilda from the yummy for your tummy collection firstly because she is super cute and secondly I thought she would go nicely with the papers, sort of a grandma's kitchen feel to it (probably because these papers make me thing of a quilt).
Here is the front of the card (yep, I have used the MS butterfly punch again!)

And here it is opened up, I had so much fun making the last one (after previous disasters) I did it again, I think they are called zig zag cards, let me know if there is another name, I think I may have seen them called something else but I can't for the life of me remember, maybe a tri-fold, or something like that!)
I left off any sentiments because I don't know what this card is for yet :)

Here is a close up of that cutie Tilda And one of Pasta Edwin, also from the yummy for your tummy collection
I could not resist pulling out these cute little stamps and having a play, it has been a while since they saw ink. Unfortunately with so many wonderful new releases the older stamps sometimes get a bit neglected :)

I am going to pop this into a couple of challenges:

7 kids college fund challenge blog - strip it down (o more than 2 layers of DP)

Pile it on - Get into shapes

Stampin for the weekend - Anying goes

Wild orchid crafts - One for the girls

All that scraps Magnolia Challenge - Anything goes


Now don't forget to pop on over HERE... and see the DT wonderful creations for some more inspiration, they have created some amazing and all very different cards using the same colour combo!

17 comments:

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

OMG Franny baby this is GORGEOUS!!! And of course I love the MS butterfly :P
Kristy xx

Bec said...

WOW Fran.. this is amazing.. I love it!!! Bec xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Totally AMAZING job Fran - sooooo clever and bright in those colours - awesome job!
xXx

Julie said...

Just darling!

Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Anne Kristine said...

Amazing card, Fran!
Tilda and Edwin is sooo cute :o))
Have a nice day :o))
Hugs Anne

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card! I have to try this kind of card on my own, looks fabulous!

Have a great Sunday, big Hugs Tanja

Kristel said...

A wonderfull card Fran! Love the colours!
Hugs Kristel

Peta's Blog said...

Absolutley gorgeous Fran I love how you have used the colours and the style of this card (I still have to try one of these), Love the images and that lace trim around tilda. xoxox Peta

Manuela said...

Gorgeous card! ♥ Love great colors and all that lace! Just beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Kylie said...

Oh Fran! As soon as I saw your card I loved it! A really gorgeous job on a bit of a tricky colour combo! You rocked it Hunny!
Hugs
Kylie

Karen said...

WOW WOW WOW Fran!! I love this type of card so awesome, I'm yet to try one... maybe one day!! I so love October Afternoon papers and of course this one on your card is my ultimate favourite, I love it Love it Love it!! Your colouring is so perfect and yeah I'm glad you used a couple of not so old Maggies!! they do seem to get forgetten after a while dont they:-( poor things.... anyway I love your card!!!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Carolyn said...

Oh Fran, this is amazing. I love the design, the images, everything. Fantastic card girl.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Chantelle said...

Fabulous work Fran - these papers are perfect for this challenge - love this style of card - your images look super sweet - well done. xx

Pam S. said...

oh yeah, super cute is right Fran! Love this style card and the papers are awesome with Tilda and Edwin! So glad you joined the first ATS Magnolia challenge! maybe another name for this style is the "tri-shutter"? can't remember for sure either! lol
Pam Going Postal

Annchen said...

this is so gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Precious project! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!